labruscagrape - [OFEX] Ancinet Grafting

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Ancinet Grafting
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:29:41 -0500

Hello,

Does anybody have access to this site;

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0065-9711(1933)64%3C66%3ANOAG%3E2.0.CO%3B2-9

The abstract states...

===
"The more serious ancient instances of grafting between plants of different families were presumably the products, not of scions, but of "grafting by approach."
===

If I recall properly, grafting my approach is grafting two rooted plants together. Neither plant has to rely soley on nutrition from the union. It is also known today as inarching. Another old term is ABLACTATION.

A potted tree is placed under a parent tree and branches of the parent grafted tightly onto the potted tree. This forms the inarch.

Trees can be forced to do bizzare things by man....

http://cabinetmagazine.org/issues/20/assets/images/foer2.jpg

http://cabinetmagazine.org/issues/20/assets/images/foer3.jpg

http://cabinetmagazine.org/issues/20/assets/images/foer1.jpg

Later,