labruscagrape - [OFEX] Api

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Api
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:33:26 -0500

Hello Biz,

Just noticed this... I snent my friend in Italy a Snickers bar along with a bubble pack envelope for the Annurca seeds and made an apple connection.

For a letter to qualify as a letter, and not a parcel it has to fit through a certain sizing slot. I had to press down the Snickers bar a bit for it to fit through the sizing slot.

Packages bigger than the slot starts to cost more money.

Anyway, I sent my friend an email and mentioned the candy bar would be flattened, but it is fine to eat. However, I had to translate it to Italian.

The Italian verb to flatten is "appiattire". Api apples have a flattened shape, don't they? If so, the name of the apple variety refers to it's fruit shape. Api being derived from "appiattire"

Court Pendu Plat is also a flattish apple. I wonder if all ancient apples were flattish, and late blooming.

Curious connection.

LAter,