labruscagrape - [OFEX] Mail Order Fruit

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Mail Order Fruit
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 14:13:15 -0400

Hi Bert,

Lots of small nurseries will mail stuff, or send it via bus, but the shipping is so expensive.

Boughen Nurseries
Harvey & Clint Detbrenner
Box1955
Nipawin, Saskatchewan
Canada S0E 1E0
Old Highway 35 West

Phone: (306) 862-5313
Fax: (306) 862-2410
Email: trees@boughennurseries.com
Web Site: http://www.boughennurseries.com

Here is their Plums / Cherry-Plums / Pears page;

http://www.boughennurseries.com/plum_cherry_plum_pear_trees.htm

I contacted Boughen Nurseries for cherry plums. They will ship, but the shipping costs half of the plant cost, and you need two varieties. So you pay enough for three, but a third goes to shipping.

An Opata cherry plum (bush form) costs $26. The shipping costs another $15.

I am too cheap to pay all that freight. Problem is nobody sells them localy.

I will grow from seed collected from Harrow. They are fast fruiting.

Later,