labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] grafting info

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] grafting info
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:21:49 -0500

Hi Joe and everyone else,

Joe - I somehow managed, with a recent computer upgrade, to lose your list of apple/scionwood varieties. I remember Centennial and Honeycrisp, but was the third for Ashmead’s Kernel?

I completed all my scionwood cutting last weekend with even a few collected from our neighbour. He has a couple varieties from Fred Janson’s collection that I don’t have, and vice versa. We knew we would be sharing, but at least between the two of us we have a fair number that were saved.

Can you believe this silly weather? It has been lightly snowing in the city for about an hour.

Question for the group – I am visiting friends in Vermont next week, and driving through New York State and making a few stops along the way. Does anyone have the location of the Catholic Homesteading Movement orchard or any of their literature? I have written to them, but have not yet heard back. Since they don’t have telephones, everything goes via the mail.

Thanks and cheers to all, Bizmark.