labruscagrape - [OFEX] Milk spray - powdery mildew

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Milk spray - powdery mildew
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:01:41 -0400

Hello,

I want to thank the person who suggested a milk spray (1 part milk to 9 parts water) for powdery mildew.

The apple I am using it on is very suseptible, and is recvering after a number of sprays. This particular tree (court pendu plat) is my only tree that has a PM sensitivity. It had not put on new seasonal growth until a fes milk sprays had occurred.

I am not organic, but every time I water the lawn the tree gets hit/rinsed, which requires re-application, and I do not want to spray dhemical fungicides that often. I try to be careful not to hit the tree with sprinklers, but we have a backyard BBQ coming up and my wife wants the lawn green and soft.

Does not appear that you can spray too much milk. I am spraying every 3 days or so, or after the tree is hit by sprinklers.

Sure is nice to spray something that works, that you do not have to be afraid of.

Thanks,