internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Open Source Inventory and Accounting Software

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Ray <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Open Source Inventory and Accounting Software
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:33:55 +0000

Title: Open Source Inventory and Accounting Software

You’re better off paying for QuickBooks because most CPAs and accounting personnel are able to use it. I can just about guarantee you will spend more time and energy setting up open source accounting than it is worth. QuickBooks gives you the ability to add payroll tax table service and electronic payments if/when those services are needed. They have an online flavor, too.

Personally, I subscribe to their program on an annual basis for a few hundred dollars each year. I think the enhanced payroll service that handles tax tables and electronic filing is a few hundred more dollars. However, it eliminates quarterly bills from CPA to handle my books…

Regards,

Jim Ray, President

Neuse River Networks

2 Davis Drive, PO Box 13169