internetworkers - [internetworkers] Having trouble with C drive space on Acer Aspire One

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Having trouble with C drive space on Acer Aspire One
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 17:55:18 -0400

I'm away from home and using my Acer Aspire One. It'll get real slow and
I'll see only 40-50 meg on the C drive. I've gradually removed almost all
the software to free up space. Trash is empty and the system disk cleanup
doesn't find anything any more. I'm running out of things to delete.

Are there hidden files on the C drive that fill it up?
How hard is it to change the partition sizes -- they were set up when I got
it --
C: 7.4G Currently 254M free (I just removed Thunderbird -- that's the last
thing I can safely remove).
D: 7.45G Currently using 32K - it shows 7.45G free.

I was using Thunderbird for email and I use IMAP which wants to put all my
email (lots of it) on the local machine. I had it set to the smallest I
could find -- Synch 1 day. Now I'm using webmail.

I've gone through the folders on C and deleted some stuff. I haven't
actually added it up but I don't think the folder sizes add up to 7.4G. The
biggest thing is Symantec -- more than 1G.

Any suggestions?

Judy Hallman