internetworkers - [internetworkers] The Enclosure of the Internet? Tuesday (8/10) talk in Chapel Hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] The Enclosure of the Internet? Tuesday (8/10) talk in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:57:35 -0400

I'm forwarding this message for Wally Bowen, wallyb at main.nc.us. --
Judy Hallman
----
We decided to schedule this talk in Chapel Hill
tomorrow evening on short notice and would appreciate your sharing
with any interested folks. Please come if you can! thanks, wally

As you know, the Internet is at an historic crossroads, and the next
six weeks are crucial.

Also, the final deadline for public comment on the pending FCC
proposal to restore its authority over broadband services is this
Thursday, Aug. 12 at midnight.

The urgency of this moment is why a Triangle-area media reform group,
Balance and Accuracy in Journalism, has scheduled a talk that I will
give tomorrow (Tuesday) evening at the Community Church of Chapel
Hill.

Here is a link to the press release:
http://main-fm.org/2010/08/07/bowen-to-discuss-corporate-takeover-of-the-internet-aug-10-in-chapel-hill/
And below is a blog post entitled “The Enclosure of the Internet?”
which I made last night. [Cut. See
http://main-fm.org/2010/08/08/the-enclosure-of-the-internet/ ]

Many thanks for sharing this with others in the Triangle area!

wally bowen 828.231.1603
My bio: http://main.nc.us/about/wally_bowen.shtml

  • [internetworkers] The Enclosure of the Internet? Tuesday (8/10) talk in Chapel Hill, Judy Hallman, 08/09/2010