internetworkers - [internetworkers] Partitioning Advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Partitioning Advice
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 3:23:27 +0000

Hi Folks,

I just replaced a dead hard drive in a Compaq Presario R3000Z. The new drive
is 80 GB, the largest that this machine will accommodate. Do any of you have
suggestions on how to partition it? The machine is a home machine which I
use mostly for MS Office, email, Web browsing, and a little bit of SQL Server
and MySQL work. I'm pondering just creating two partition, one for the OS
(XP) and one for everything else. Is there any reason that I should create
more than these two?

Thanks much!

Colleen