internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Digital UNC-TV is MIA

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <jmarkturner AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Digital UNC-TV is MIA
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:06:51 -0400

Tarus Balog wrote:

I wonder where the new tower is, as this was the one near my house.

Odds are the tower is the same. Each tower can host multiple antennas. Raleigh's reception of UNC-TV has traditionally been poor due to a "null" created by the position of the antenna on the tower (most likely), topography, or some other reason.

With any luck the DTV transition has freed up the prime, top-of-the-tower antenna spot and reception in Raleigh will soon be better than ever.

--
Mark Turner
www.markturner.net