internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DVD Player Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DVD Player Recommendations
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 12:22:57 -0400

Colleen McCarthy wrote:
Hi Folks,

Do any of you have any comments on buying a DVD player for a non-high def
TV? I read the last two years' Consumer Reports and was able to get some
information, but most of the focus now is on Blu-Ray. Are there any
features or brands that you would recommend getting or avoiding?

I would look for an old used one on your company's classifieds or
just word of mouth. A lot of people have upgraded and basically
tossed aside the old unit in a closet. You might even get one for
the asking.

The other idea is to go to an electronics repair place and buy one
for cheap. There is a shop in Oak Park SC on Glenwood in Raleigh. I
don't know about the other RTP towns.

I agree that they are disposable. Good luck, Roger

--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.