internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Need Recommendation for Work on Trim & Gutters

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott G. Hall" <ScottGHall AT BellSouth.Net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Need Recommendation for Work on Trim & Gutters
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 05:31:28 -0400

Scott Chilcote wrote:
Has anyone had a good experience in the last year or so, getting gutter repair & trim work done on their house? It has to be someone who works on gutters, because some of mine will have to be removed to do this job.

I haven't had much luck with the two recommendations I've received so far this year. One place wouldn't call back. The other made an appointment to give an estimate, but didn't show up. I'm hoping to find a place that's reliable and finishes the job.

Have you tried Pioneer Exteriors? They did the work on our place a few
years back, and did a wonderful job: they replaced some fascia boards in
need of repair, fixed some shingles along the edges, installed all of the
gutters and new downspouts, and fixed some siding and trim work along a
couple of water damaged areas. I've since had them replace a couple of
windows in the same water-damaged area -- not vinyl but matching original
builders windows (albeight original quality too; I wish the builders
around here would start with Pella or Anderson like they do up north ...).
They are not the cheapest out there, but I was going for quality of work,
and it turns out their prices are competitive and reasonable. (My
neighbors had some similar work done, and their costs were higher)

Good luck with your project.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA