internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Woodworking/Furniture equipment in North Carolina

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Woodworking/Furniture equipment in North Carolina
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 12:26:48 -0400

> I have a friend whose hobby is collecting large machines used in
> manufacturing furniture (he hand crafts furniture as a business -
> think 30 foot long conference tables).
>
> He lives in Oregon and is jealous that I live in North Carolina due
> to the proximity to great equipment.
>
> While I realize this is outside the scope of usual topics on this
> list, I was wondering if anyone knew of some local and/or online
> resources for furniture machinery in the area (outside of Craigslist,
> et. al.)

He needs to search for industrial equipment dealers on-line. These
places sell to other businesses rather than individuals. One place
to start is http://jgmachinery.com/ which is in Sanford. There are
a lot of other places too. Most of the stuff will have 3-phase motors
since it is industrial. Few industrial plants use single phase motors
unless it is something small.
Shipping from NC to OR will be very costly, but he will know that.
Good luck, Roger