internetworkers - [internetworkers] Need ideas for meeting rooms???

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Need ideas for meeting rooms???
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:13:44 -0400

I'm one of the organizers of Triangle Net Tuesday/501 Tech Club meetings -- http://www.meetup.com/TriangleNetTuesday/

Finding a good meeting place for folks coming from Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill is a real challenge. I've got the info for libraries.

What about restaurants with meeting rooms? We've had as many as 25 people, so I aim for a room for 30. And we usually use a computer with projection.

Do you have any ideas?

Places like Triangle United Way, First Flight, UNC-TV and a few others need someone on their staff to be responsible. Some others like MCNC have a fee. Carrboro Coworking is pretty crowded with 22 people and far for folks from Raleigh. NC Center for Nonprofits is usually available and 25 people are comfortable but it's a long trek from Chapel Hill.

Judy Hallman