internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] web hosting

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Carol Thomson <cthomson AT firestreammedia.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] web hosting
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:14:53 -0500

I too have been a DreamHost customer customer since 2005 and have about a dozen sites there. There has been too much down time for me to recommend/use them for any new clients. I have also been using Pair.com for about 3 years and they have been incredibly reliable. Their customer service has much faster response times than DreamHost. Within the past year they have become more competitive with pricing, bandwith and storage. I use them for all new sites now. They are still a little more expensive than DH depending on the plan you pick, but worth every penny.

Carol Thomson
FireStream Media, LLC
919.683.1100

Sarah Kahn wrote:
Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good web hosting service for a small business? I've been mooching off of ibiblio forever (love you guys!) so I don't have a relationship with any particular host at the moment.

Thanks,

Sarah