internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Honda Accord catalytic converter advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Honda Accord catalytic converter advice
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 07:26:42 -0500 (CDT)

What they are saying is that the aftermarket cats aren't as efficient as the factory ones. Your car takes the reading from the first o2 sensor on the exhaust manifold, then from the second one which is post cat. This is where your problem lies. The cat isn't doing it's job and the sensors tell the tail. The aftermarket ones I've used seem to do ok and solve the problem. I've used both Magnaflow and Catco on imports. I got them through Summitracing.com Didn't seem to be any problems.