internetworkers - [internetworkers] Need help with VS 2008 Express

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <marcia AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Need help with VS 2008 Express
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:21:09 -0500

Hey everybody... I need some visual basic help here.

I have a Flash application that consists of several flash generated exe files
which have to launch one another. I know many of you may be asking "why
flash?"....

But anyway, for security reasons, flash exe files can only launch other .exe
files if the the ones to be launched reside in a sub-directory called
FScommand. So, my solution was to keep the flash exe files in the root
directory, and create VB exe files to be placed in the fscommand directory.
These VB exe files are to be called by the flash exe files and launch the
next flash exe file... Hope I'm making sense...

So, my file structure is:

flash1.exe [flash exe]
flash2.exe [flash exe]
..........\fscommand [folder]
..............launch1.exe [VB exe]
..............launch2.exe [VB exe]

The VB exes reside in the FScommand folder, one level below the flash content
exe files. When I double click directly on launch1.exe or launch2.exe, they
work just fine and launch flash1.exe or flash2.exe respectivelly. Now, when
from flash1.exe, I call the script to execute \fscommand\launch2.exe I get an
error saying:

"launch1 has encountered a problem and needs to close...."

The error report reads:
EventType: clr20r3 | P1: launch1.exe | P2: 1.0.0.0 | P3: 47421133 | P5:
2.0.0.0 | P6: 4333ab80 | P7: 3714 | P8: 3b | P9: system.argumentexception

My VB script is very simple. In the Public Class Form1 / Private Sub
Form1_Load event I have:

Code:

Shell("..\flash1.exe", appWinStyle.MaximizedFocus)
Me.Close()

Why do the VB .EXEs work when double-clicked, but not when launched
indirectly?

I'm running Windows XP pro, Flash CS3 and VB 2008 Express

Thanks for your help!
Marcia

  • [internetworkers] Need help with VS 2008 Express, marcia, 11/20/2007