internetworkers - [internetworkers] Career Opportunities -- Part I

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>, "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Career Opportunities -- Part I
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:17:40 -0500

Hi Folks,

If you are interested in these position, please contact Britney (see contact information at end of this email).

Thanks!

Colleen

Are you looking for an opportunity to really make a difference in our World? Are you ready to join an award winning team?  Our client is new to the Raleigh market and focuses on Green technologies to help make a better tomorrow.  Our client has won numerous awards and is ready to make their mark here in the Triangle by hiring talented and dedicated employees.

Our client currently has several developer positions open. Please take a look at the descriptions below:

Senior Real-time Database Developer

Responsibilities:

Responsible for design and development of real-time database and related applications for products:

·         Transform functional specifications into design specifications.

·         Lead a team of 5+ people carrying out the implementation of a high performance, memory based real-time database.

·         Ensure performance and functional criteria are successfully met.

·         Follow rigorous implementation processes ensuring applications are robust, maintainable and have the lowest defect density possible.

·         Encourage design excellence using best practices and successful design processes.

·         Ensure coding standards are followed by team members.

·         Ensure proper unit testing is performed on all modules.

·         Work with the QA group to develop integrated and functional tests.

Minimum Qualifications:

·         University degree in Computer Science or similar.

·         A minimum of 5 years of experience in application development on Linux/Unix.

·         Experience creating event driven, asynchronous applications.

·         Very familiar with Unix IPC concepts and available APIs.

·         Well acquainted with database concepts and methods of ensuring data integrity.

·         Leading product development from concept through to successful release.

·         Familiar with unit testing.

Application Software Developer

Responsibilities:

Responsible for creating applications running within embedded Linux system.

·         Work with project architect to design and develop applications running on real-time embedded Linux systems.

·         Contribute to design specifications.

·         Contribute to test plan development and implementation.

·         Collaborate with team members in the development of data acquisition and control devices.

·         Software development for real-time data acquisition, storage and control.

Minimum Qualifications:

·         A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.

·         A minimum of 2 years of experience in application development on Linux/Unix.

·         Experience with event driven, asynchronous application programming.

·         Excellent problem solving, computer and programming skills.

·         Proficiency in C as used in real-time systems.

Embedded Software Developer

Responsibilities:

Responsible for design and development of embedded applications for products.

·         Embedded Linux kernel driver development.

·         Development of I/O modules to communicate with external data acquisition components.

·         Software development for real-time data acquisition, storage and control.

·         Create internal test code for verifying algorithm correctness and code coverage.

Minimum Qualifications:

·         A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.

·         A minimum of 3 years of embedded system development experience and 1 year of embedded Linux development.

·         Experience building and patching Linux kernels for embedded systems.

·         Able to write and debug kernel device drivers.

·         Excellent problem solving and programming skills.

·         Proficiency in C as applied to embedded platforms.

·         Comfortable working with hardware: reading data sheets, schematics, using JTAG interfaces and diagnostic equipment.

Britney Gantt

The Select Group
5400 Trinity Road, Suite 104
Raleigh, NC 27607