internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] NBC Universal Drops iTunes- No Battlestar or Heroes

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] NBC Universal Drops iTunes- No Battlestar or Heroes
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 10:17:04 -0400

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
http://www.siliconvalley.com/ci_6770112?nclick_check=1

WIth no desire to pay for an entire cable TV connection, the current broadcast television shows I watch such as Battlestar Galactica and Heroes at $1.99 an episode. From what I read, NBC wanted to raise the price of an episode to $4.99! What the hell are they thinking? I don't know about you, but the occasional 1/2 to an hour TV show is a little expensive already at $1.99, and $4.99 is just ridiculous.

There seems to be another side to this issue. The WRAL site had
this paragraph in their article.

"The dispute illustrates unrest among content providers over Apple's pricing policies. Media companies want more say in pricing and, in NBC Universal's case, flexibility. Similarly, record companies would like to see an increase in iTunes' sales price of 99 cents per song."

I have never used one of these new fangled devices, but it seems
sort of expensive even at $1.99 for a TV show when the commercials
should be paying the way. For $4.99, I would expect a sandwich to
come along with it.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.