internetworkers - [internetworkers] advice on when to cut down trees

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "tkarches AT imapmail.org" <tkarches AT imapmail.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] advice on when to cut down trees
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:43:05 -0400

We have a red oak tree in our yard that has grown up at an angle so that it looks like it is leaning toward the house. The tree is not actually leaning....the root system is strong

I have been told by tree cutting services that it should be cut down.

"Of course it should". They cut down trees for a living.

If it wasn't $1400, I would just do it. It would also involve pulling up a fence post so they could get their equipment into my backyard.

Great.

All I want is an unbiased answer. I understand that the tree could fall anyway. For that matter, there are a number of trees in my yard that could potentially fall on my house in a bad enough storm. But I'm not going to cut them all down.

Suggestions? Advice?

thanks,
tom

--