internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] lawn-free lawn care?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: esther-l AT mailsnare.net
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] lawn-free lawn care?
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:33:01 +0000

The Town of Cary has some infomation available about drought-tolerant plants
and alternatives to lawn at
http://www.townofcary.org/depts/pwdept/water/waterconservation/landscaping.htm
Your local extension service also has information. You can get entertaining
answers when you ask about landscaping that is not tasty to deer and rabbits.

My yard does have a lot of tree, and I don't look forward to the raking every
fall, but it is very good exercise. We don't have to bag, as the town has a
schedule for vacuuming leaves from the curb.

Apparently you can make a homemade rabbit discouager to put on plants that
uses tobacco juice as the primary ingredient. I'm not certain if the fearless
rabbits who infest our suburb have the proper distaste for tobacco, though!
Esther

  • Re: [internetworkers] lawn-free lawn care?, esther-l, 05/21/2007