internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Search Engines and ISPs: The Law is the Law?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Christian Stalberg" <cstalberg AT internet-lab.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Search Engines and ISPs: The Law is the Law?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 06:46:26 -0400

Jeremy,

As a point of order, since 1989 all original works are automatically copyrighted. So the presence or absence of a copyright notice is inconsequential. As a fellow privacy advocate, I believe Lauren would not have a problem with my reposting his blog entry which he also sent out on his 'privacy forum' public mailing list to which I am a subscriber. He ends his posting by soliciting debate on the issues he raises. My redistributing his posting is in the spirit of advancing and stimulating that debate. In any case I bet it would be allowed under the fair use doctrine.

Regards,

Christian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Portzer" <jeremyp AT pobox.com>