internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] replace telephone system -- suggestions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Cristóbal Palmer" <cristobalpalmer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] replace telephone system -- suggestions
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:56:55 -0400

I like the cell suggestion, but I'm sure you'll want wired lines for
people like the front desk.

I'd say you should talk to Jon Carnes at Featuretel
(http://featuretel.com/) about a large VoIP install, or Jason Tower at
Cerient Technologies (http://cerient.net/) for a small install if you
know you want on-site VoIP. VoIP has the potential to be way cheaper,
depending on what you decide to go with. VoIP also gives you the
freedom to grow/expand/integrate in ways you might not have thought
of. Even if you end up only going with 5 office phones, you can do
some awesome stuff with VoIP. You really should look up Jon or Jason
(or both).

Full disclosure: I've worked for Jason and I've done business with Featuretel.

Cheers,
CMP