internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] TriangleOpenSourceLab.org

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] TriangleOpenSourceLab.org
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 10:07:53 -0400

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> From the site and this email I'm left with "What is it exactly?"

He's going to open a bottle of mead or something and geek out on Linux
distros and the like. Hopefully with lots of friends doing the same.
Maybe at his
place.

TaB

> Jim Ray wrote:
>> After a one year break from most after hours events, associations and
>> organizations (4 local chambers of commerce, NCCBI, NCTA, CED, BNI, TBB,
>> AITP, IEEE, TNTUG, TriLUG, Internetworkers, Rotary, Wesley, Terrapin
>> Junction, ad nauseum), I'm ready to team up with Mark Freeze to
>> co-facilitate our open source lab.
>>
>> Here's our new web site:
>> http://www.triangleopensource.org
>>
>> Go ahead and post your suggestions for a topic for our next meeting and
>> the time for the next meeting that would be most convenient for you. I'm
>> not averse to having something on a Thursday afternoon around 4 PM over a
>> cold golden nectar from the heavens.
>>
>> I wouldn't mind picking up where we left off with good ole basic load up a
>> box with Ubuntu and move into Samba to replace Winders Active Directory et
>> al. I have a notebook PC I can donate to use as a unit under test so we
>> won't have to cart around a monster big iron server. I haven't ask
>> permission from my boss (wife) yet might be able to host if we limit the
>> crowd to half a dozen folks. Otherwise, we can ask Tim if Exploris is
>> still an option.
>>
>> Please sign up for the mailing list since I'll probably nix the Yahoo
>> group:
>>
>> If anyone wants to volunteer for system admin/webmaster duties, let me
>> know. We have a vacancy. Pay is low (none). Hours are long (24/7).
>> Rewards are none. If these features float your boat, call me at
>> 919-838-1672.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> Jim Ray, President
>> Neuse River Networks
>> tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
>> http://www.Neuse.Net
>>
>> Connecting You to the World since 1997
>> ---
>> Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
>> http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
>> You are currently subscribed to InterNetWorkers mailing list
>> To unsubscribe visit
>> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/internetworkers

- --
Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 <http://www.tbeckett.com> 919-824-5696
Authentication instructions: <http://www.tbeckett.com/verification.html>