internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] TriangleOpenSourceLab.org

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT buni.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] TriangleOpenSourceLab.org
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 10:01:56 -0400

From the site and this email I'm left with "What is it exactly?"

-Andy

Jim Ray wrote:
After a one year break from most after hours events, associations and
organizations (4 local chambers of commerce, NCCBI, NCTA, CED, BNI, TBB,
AITP, IEEE, TNTUG, TriLUG, Internetworkers, Rotary, Wesley, Terrapin
Junction, ad nauseum), I'm ready to team up with Mark Freeze to co-facilitate
our open source lab.
Here's our new web site:
http://www.triangleopensource.org
Go ahead and post your suggestions for a topic for our next meeting and the time for the next meeting that would be most convenient for you. I'm not averse to having something on a Thursday afternoon around 4 PM over a cold golden nectar from the heavens.
I wouldn't mind picking up where we left off with good ole basic load up a box with Ubuntu and move into Samba to replace Winders Active Directory et al. I have a notebook PC I can donate to use as a unit under test so we won't have to cart around a monster big iron server. I haven't ask permission from my boss (wife) yet might be able to host if we limit the crowd to half a dozen folks. Otherwise, we can ask Tim if Exploris is still an option.
Please sign up for the mailing list since I'll probably nix the Yahoo group:
If anyone wants to volunteer for system admin/webmaster duties, let me know. We have a vacancy. Pay is low (none). Hours are long (24/7). Rewards are none. If these features float your boat, call me at 919-838-1672.
Regards,
Jim
Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net
Connecting You to the World since 1997
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

From Windows/Exchange to Linux/Meldware
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
Email, Calendaring, ease of configuration/administration
http://buni.org