internetworkers - [internetworkers] Wordpress-mu or MovableType ?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "S B" <merlin180 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Wordpress-mu or MovableType ?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 13:57:47 -0500

Hi,

We're looking at installing a blog system - we'll have about 40 bloggers but a high visitor rate.

Any thoughts about the relative merits of Wordpress-mu ( http://mu.wordpress.org/) vs MovableType ( http://www.movabletype.org/ ) ?

We need to be able to have difference templates for the different bloggers, and integrate with other parts of the existing infrastructure.
Easy of use and maintenance are always nice to have as well :)

The obvious difference is that MovableType costs, but maybe that cost is worth it ?

Simon...