internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Justice Department takes aim at image-sharing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT buni.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Justice Department takes aim at image-sharing
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:21:47 -0500

I think I may have inadvertently helped write several parts of that system...but that is a
long story that I probably can't talk about.

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
On Mar 4, 2007, at 10:12 AM, Christian Stalberg wrote:

http://news.com.com/Justice+Department+takes+aim+at+image-sharing +sites/2100-1028_3-6163679.html?tag=nefd.lede

The Bush administration has accelerated its Internet surveillance push by
proposing that Web sites must keep records of who uploads photographs or
videos in case police determine the content is illegal and choose to
investigate, CNET News.com has learned.

Jeez, the next thing you know they'll be keeping track of our phone calls or reading our emails!

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe. - J. Michael Straczynski

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

No PST Files Ever Again
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
Email, Calendaring, ease of configuration/administration
http://buni.org