internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The Windows Vista buying experience

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The Windows Vista buying experience
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:21:40 -0500

There's a lot of similar tables with a lot of similar info on what versions of Vista have what features.  Here's a few:
http://techreport.com/etc/2007q1/system-guide/index.x?pg=9
http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2917&p=15
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/23/countdown_to_windows_vista/page14.html

And of course, Microsoft's:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/default.mspx

That said, I'm not sure I'm personally any clearer after looking at these tables as to whether I want a copy of Vista and what version I want.
I lean towards Ultimate, but that's mostly because since I work in IT in a sense it "pays" for me to know as much about Vista as I can.  It'll eventually get deployed here and if I am more familiar with it that will help.

Of course getting Vista may mean updating/upgrading my current PC and I am pretty sure that is money I don't feel like spending right now.

Lyman