internetworkers - [internetworkers] Bill Gates has lost his mind

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Bill Gates has lost his mind
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:28:27 -0500

>From Good Morning Silicon Valley...

February 02, 2007
Quoted
"I don't think the over 90 percent of the [population] who use Windows PCs
think of themselves as dullards, or the kind of klutzes that somebody is
trying to say they are. ... I don't know why [Apple is] acting like it's
superior. I don't even get it. What are they trying to say? Does honesty
matter in these things, or if you're really cool, that means you get to be a
lying person whenever you feel like it? There's not even the slightest shred
of truth to it."

You can go through and look at who showed any of these things first, if you
care about the facts. If you just want to say, 'Steve Jobs invented the
world, and then the rest of us came along,' that's fine. If you're
interested, [Vista development chief] Jim Allchin will be glad to educate
you feature by feature what the truth is. I mean, it's fascinating, maybe we
shouldn't have showed so publicly the stuff we were doing, because we knew
how long the new security base was going to take us to get done. Nowadays,
security guys break the Mac every single day. Every single day, they come
out with a total exploit, your machine can be taken over totally. I dare
anybody to do that once a month on the Windows machine. So, yes, it took us
longer, and they had what we were doing, user interface-wise. Let's be
realistic, who came up with [the] file, edit, view, help [menu bar]? Do you
want to go back to the original Mac and think about where those interface
concepts came from?"

-- Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates gets so worked up over the "I'm a Mac,
You're a Dork" ad campaign that the blood supply to his brain is cut off