internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] LP to MP3 conversion

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: jim AT neuse.net, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] LP to MP3 conversion
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:55:10 -0500

Jim Ray wrote:

I'm looking at some vintage vinyl that I'd love to digitize. Who made that
turntable you recommend? My turntable has that wow and flutter thang gwine
on. I can't see letting the Jefferson Airplane, Buffalo Springfield, Neil
Young, Yes et al going to the musical graveyard.

Seems like there's a 45 flipside to Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin in the
stack. Ah, the good ole days.

I bought the Ion iTTUSB Turntable with USB from Amazon.
http://astore.amazon.com/looprumors-20/detail/B000BUEMOO0

Amazon now says it is unavailable, but I'm sure there is one
out there somewhere. I remember I had to wait a month or so until
they got a shipment due to the demand.
Put in USB Turntable in Google and a bunch of stuff will come
up. You might be able to do better than amazon on price and
availability, but I don't have experience with the other vendors.
The one on ThinkGeek is exactly the same as the Ion, but rebranded.

I think it was zman that emailed a link about the Ion originally.

Enjoy, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.