internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Paying people to share music

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Paying people to share music
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:44:11 -0500

On Nov 30, 2006, at 2:09 PM, Thomas Beckett wrote:

burnett AT pobox.com wrote:
"...the Zune's sole wireless feature is "squirting" -- I know, I know,
it's Microsoft's term, not mine

They totally stole it from Cory Doctorow's sci-fiction works, actually.

They could have stolen something that didn't sound so freaky. How many people want their friends "squirting" on them?

"We are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue, and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently twisting the facts so as to show that we were right. Intellectually, it is possible to carry on this process for an indefinite time: The only check on it is that sooner or later a false belief bumps up against solid reality, usually on a battlefield."
-- G. Orwell