internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPod Airplane Integration

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPod Airplane Integration
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:36:39 -0500

From what I've experienced there is a standard plug. The wire Matusiak is speaking of has the standard plug. I used it two nights ago on a flight to Vegas. The Macbook Pro demands more power than the plane will give if you want to charge and use the laptop at the same time but its enough to either use the computer or charge the battery while you sleep. It kinda pissed me off to have to pay so much for a simple wire but it was nice to be able to work in the air.

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
On Nov 14, 2006, at 6:45 PM, Shea Tisdale wrote:

I've found many planes offering the 20mm (car cigarette lighter) port under
the seats. The apple connector and others available at area computer stores
will power various laptops from that.

It would be nice if one could know ahead of time what type of adapter to bring-- you'd think in this day an age there'd be some sort of standard.

--Michael
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/