internetworkers - [internetworkers] Replacing a 2.5" drive in a Macbook Pro

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Replacing a 2.5" drive in a Macbook Pro
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:38:17 -0400

Title: Replacing a 2.5" drive in a Macbook Pro
I need more space on my laptop and I was thinking of replacing my 100GB drive in my Macbook Pro with this:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Seagate/ST9160821ASK/

Can anyone tell me how to go about doing an exact disk to disk copy on the Mac and would it boot normally with the new drive if I did that?  It says it is SATA but the photo doesn’t look like that with all the pins showing on the back side so I’m not even sure how to physically connect it temporarily to get the bits transferred.

Tony