internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 45, Issue 13

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Woozle <internetworkers AT hypertwins.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 45, Issue 13
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:08:27 -0400

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 12:00, internetworkers-request AT lists.ibiblio.org
wrote:
> John is not a techie. His audience is nonprofit staff and people who
> work to help nonprofit organizations.

That clarifies things a bit. It probably would have been a good thing if this
was made clear in the brochure (maybe it was and I didn't see it?) -- the
emphasis is on his knowledge of the target environment rather than any
technical aspects of the software, and that is the "know-how" for which he is
charging.

I stopped short of saying it's unethical, because it I don't think it is
(even
if the seminar's emphasis were technical); it was mainly a bit off-putting,
and anyone who is trying to sell a service might want to know if their sales
pitch is aimed wrong -- which it seemed to be, when you suggested that people
on this list (a technical-leaning bunch, overall) ought to be interested in
the seminar. Apparently I was reading more into that than was intended; sorry
if I came across a bit peevishly.

Woozle

  • Re: [internetworkers] InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 45, Issue 13, Woozle, 10/17/2006