internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] CMS Seminar

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] CMS Seminar
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:58:01 -0400

Woozle,

Thanks for your links -- I checked them out.

Yes, the price is high. John Kenyon is a professional trainer, trying to make a living. And he lives in California. I went to a training session he had at Triangle United Way on online fundraising and it was excellent. He covered a lot of stuff, fast, with good powerpoint, and good handouts (all the powerpoint slides were in the handout). The room at Duke is no additional charge to us.

Like you, I've found the documentation for Drupal/CivicSpace/CiviCRM lacking. I learned a little Drupal from a book, but haven't found a good overview for CiviCRM. I've spent a lot of time Googling.

John is not a techie. His audience is nonprofit staff and people who work to help nonprofit organizations.

I don't know any more details about what he'll cover than are at http://www.rtpnet.org/rtpnet/workshop06nov.shtml
The Web page also contains a paragraph about John's experience.

Note these recommendations:

- "we've worked with John Kenyon in the past and would recommend him
highly for your training needs :)" - Donald A. Lobo, one of the key
developers of CiviCRM

- "I'll also put in a good word for John. He delivers a great CiviCRM
training." - David Geilhufe, Managing Partner, CivicSpace

Judy
----