internetworkers - [internetworkers] anyone do refriderator repair?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] anyone do refriderator repair?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:08:32 -0400

I have a second refirderator and freezer in my garage that seems to be doing something odd.  The bottom half of both the fridge and freezer are cold (this is a side-by-side) and the top half of both the fridge and freezer are not.  The compressor is running (as evidence by the bottom half being cold and you can hear it running).  I think perhaps a blower that circulates the cold air is not working or there are two blowers, one for the top half and one for the bottom half, and the bottom half blower is not working.  I don't know.  I pulled the fridge out to look at the back and it is covered by a large cover which yielded no obvious clue to what is failing.

Anyway, does anyone on the list do fridge repair?   I live in Youngsville (north of Wake Forest).  A year ago I would have tossed the thing or put it up on craigstlist but I'm back in school and can't afford to purchase durable good anymore.  So I'm hoping for an inexpensive diagnostic and possible repair.

The beast in question is a Kenmore side-by-side model 596.50392001.

Thanks.

Greg