internetworkers - [internetworkers] MS Project Alternatives?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Calvin Powers" <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] MS Project Alternatives?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:34:39 +0200

Howdy,

I am working with a software tool that can export work break down structures into Microsoft Project templates so that you can then use the templates to instantiate projects according to the template's work break down structure and track the progress of the project in MS Project.

The only trouble is I do not have MS project. Also, I don't want to spend mega bucks on MS Project. The cheapest I've been able to find it online is for $250.00 via "academic license."

Is anyone aware of any free or  low cost MS Project alternatives that can read an MS project template XML file?

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks,
Calvin