internetworkers - [internetworkers] Printers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ken Pugh <kpughmisc AT pughkilleen.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Printers
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:45:16 -0400

Thomas,

I don't have the multi-function version, but I do have the Brother 5250DN. I got it after I was unable to get any more cartridges for my faithful TI Micropro 600. It cost less than $300.

It prints fast and fine, does multi-way reduction and enlargement, and has many other features (including duplex printing).

If you do a lot of faxing, you might check out efax.com. I use it for my incoming fax needs and so have eliminated a fax number altogether (you get one from them). I still have an old fax machine that gets used once a month for an outgoing paper fax. If that dies, I'll just scan the sheet in and send it via a fax program (such as efax's outgoing fax service).

Ken

I have
decided to replace it with a multifunction unit because I need a better
fax machine as well. I need to keep the price below $300.00 and I tend
to favor the laser printers because I often print readymade letterhead
on cotton rag paper and need it to look professional.

Thomas

  • [internetworkers] Printers, Ken Pugh, 08/11/2006