internetworkers - [internetworkers] Car needs a paint job

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "S B" <merlin180 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Car needs a paint job
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:47:29 -0400

Hi all,

I have a 97 Honda Civic Hatchback (97k miles) that's suffering from clearcoat failure on the roof - about 30% of the base coat is currently exposed, and it's getting worse.

We took it to a local paint shop I've used in the past to repair collision damage, but their quote seemed excessive.

There is a significant amount of life left in the car itself so I'd like to fix the problem before the roof metal itself is damaged, though the age of the car means it doesn't have to be a pristine job.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a shop that can do a reasonable job? (ideally in the North Raleigh area)

Since the affected area is self contained flat/square (i.e. not much blending-in etc), is it something I could do myself ?

Simon...

www.BeGreenForum.com
Practical Eco Friendly Information and Discussion.