internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] what happened to the paperless office?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Cristobal Palmer" <cristobalpalmer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] what happened to the paperless office?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:16:26 -0400

I eschewed the paperless office in favor of the officeless office.

My office is sometimes a desk in my living room. My office is
sometimes my laptop. My office is sometimes a Polycom Soundpoint 501
IP phone which I can plug in practically anywhere. My office is, more
often than I would like, my car.

Until we have tablet PCs that are 2mm thick, foldable and < $20, I
very much doubt paper will go away.

-CMP

On 7/13/06, zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org> wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 esther-l AT mailsnare.net wrote:
> Is the paperless office any nearer than the flying car?

I think it went the way of the metric system...

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1960 International B100
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
TriLUG Vice Chair
cristobalpalmer AT gmail.com
cmpalmer AT ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank> I'm forced
<iank> To indent
<iank> My sentences