internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Adding Memory: How Much; Searching Windows for Folders

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Adding Memory: How Much; Searching Windows for Folders
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:19:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Colleen McCarthy wrote:
I have two more questions. Question one:
I have 256 K of memory in my laptop. I want to increase it, but really
don't know how much more I need. I have one open slot, and I can put in
another 256 K, 512 K, or 1G.

I'd look up you machine on the web and see what it will max at. If you can swing it I'd probably go ahead and put at least two 512's in there for 1GB.

Right now I'm not doing a lot with graphics. I may use Flash in the future,
but probably not extensively. I can't think of many applications that I run
that use a lot of memory.

I run a lot of Adobe apps and will be taking my laptop from 1GB to 2GB of memory in the next week or so.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1960 International B100
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead) 1990 Ducati 750 Sport