internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Safe Deposit Box or other similar service

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: esther-l AT mailsnare.net
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Safe Deposit Box or other similar service
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:21:44 +0000

I use a small fire safe for my passport, SS card, etc.

I remember reading in news reports from the midwest (floods in 1990 or 1991)
that the protections on bank safe deposit boxes aren't bulletproof. If the
bank gets flooded, they don't have a lot of liability for the contents of
your safe deposit box. Choose a bank location that's at the top of a hill
(is there a bank at the high point in Apex?).

Energetic attack cats guard my supply of cat food, and protect me from
marauding crickets.
Esther