internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where to get Cat 6 ethernet cable?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Ray <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where to get Cat 6 ethernet cable?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:42:51 -0400

if you're just running gigabit, why not use cat5e? if you have to have cat6, i have some cat6 plenum in stock. it is expensive stuff, though (over $400 a 1000' vs $50 for cat5e non plenum).

regards,

jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Network, Inc.

tel: 919-838-1672 x111
http://www.Neuse.Net

Ask about our Clean Technologies. Established in the Carolinas 1997.

Joshua Gitlin wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm looking to rewire my home office, going from cat5 to cat6 (or maybe cat5e) for Gigabit ethernet. Problem is I can't seem to find anyplace to get cat6 cable in the triangle area -- and that can't be right, since we're in such a high tech area. So, does anyone have any recommendations on where I could get bare cat6 cable? I don't need much, maybe 200 or 300 feet, but if I have to get 1000 feet or something, that should be OK, you can never have too much space cable :-)

Also, any recommendations on cat 6 or cat5e? Thanks.

-Josh

Due to the recent increase in spam and falsely sent email, I now PGP
Sign all of my outgoing mail to prove my identity. This means that
you will see an attachment called "PGP.sig" with this message. This
attachment can be used to prove that I am who I say I am. If you are
not familiar with PGP, you can safely ignore it. For more
information, please visit http://www.pgp.com/ or http://www.gnupg.org/