internetworkers - [internetworkers] Network Engineering jobs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Network Engineering jobs
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:45:46 -0400

Hey folks;

We currently have two network engineering positions open that I hear
thru the grapevine mgmt. is chomping to fill. They have pretty high
qualifications, but if you match either of these or know someone who
does, send me a resume and I'll get it to the hiring folks. Oh, and
both jobs require degree and experience. They are most assuredly NOT
entry-level. No, I'm not posting them on the Board because I'm not the
hiring people and don't want to give anyone the Wrong Idea.

Paula
______________________________________

1. Senior Network Engineer - DMZ
Analyze complex Demilitarized Zone(DMZ), Local (LAN) and Wide Area
Network (WAN) systems. Conceive and develop technical solutions,
including design and implementation plans, for large-scale network
engineering projects, focusing on DMZ. This includes day-to-day
operations, configuration, modifications, user additions and deletions
protocol suites. Also will be responsible for configuring communication
media with switches, routers and other devices associated with the
WAN/LAN. Must be able to resolve difficult inter-operability problems to
maintain operation across all platforms, including e-mail, file
transfers, multimedia and teleconferencing.
Essential Knowledge:
Cisco CCNP Certification or higher certification requied. Cisco IOS and
CatOS; Have implementation experience with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF,
EIGRP). Understand MPLS RFC 2547 and Martini Draft. Detailed knowledge
of OSI model; Must be able to understand security issues and design with
security in mind; Knowledge and ability to work with TCP/IP, IPX/SPX,
and NetBIOS. Understand implementations of DHCP, DNS, NDS, Active
Directory, LDAP, TACACS+, Radius, NTP, VoIP, Multimedia and WINS.
Ability to use and read a protocol analyzer (sniffer).

2. Network Enginering Lead
The candidate must have the ability to lead an engineering group of
approximately 8-10 engineers. Excellent interpersonal and presentation
skills required for customer interaction and higher management. Ability
to create processes, manage resources, and ensure work is delivered by
required dates. Ability to analyze complex Local and Wide Area Network
(LAN and WAN) systems. Conceive and develop technical solutions
including design and implementation plans for large-scale network
engineering projects. Consult and perform final technical reviews with
lower level network engineers, designers, implementers, and problem
solvers in complex network implementation and support projects. Write
complex specifications and engineering reports as a result of studies,
special engineering investigations, and similar activities.
Essential Knowledge
5 years of experience managing engineers. 7+ years of experience with
routing protocols. Experience with MPLS RFC 2547 and Martini Draft.
Experience with VOIP a plus. Experience with EIGRP required. Managing an
engineering budget estimate. ROI analysis on competetive solutions for
the Govt. Managing an engineering budget estimate. Cisco
Certifications- CCIE Certification desired. CCND or CCNP will be
considered if management skills can compensate.

  • [internetworkers] Network Engineering jobs, Childers . Paula, 05/31/2006