internetworkers - [internetworkers] FW: The Dix Property: there really is only one choice.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Stan Briggs" <stan AT StanBriggs.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] FW: The Dix Property: there really is only one choice.
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 17:03:56 -0400

all,

at least i got a reply!

but, we've still got a long row to hoe.

stan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rep. Jennifer Weiss [mailto:Jenniferw AT ncleg.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:20 PM
To: stan AT StanBriggs.com
Cc: Susan Doty (Rep. Weiss)

Dear Mr. Briggs:

Thank you for sharing your views about the Dorothea Dix property with me.
As you may know, the Dix Property Study Commission met April 25-26. The
Commission heard presentations from LandDesign, Friends of Dix, the Wake
County Botanical Garden Society, the State Property Office, the City of
Raleigh/County of Wake, the National Alliance on Mental Illness and John
Vandenberg and Myrick Howard sharing preservation/conservation perspectives.
A tremendous amount of information was shared about the property and many
variables that should be considered. The Commission members asked for
additional information and decided to meet again after the short session of
the General Assembly to work together to formulate recommendations about the
property. I will keep your ideas in mind as the Commission continues its
work.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Weiss, NC House 35