internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] does the cliet have the right to have my source code?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Márcia <marcia AT nc.rr.com>
  • Cc: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] does the cliet have the right to have my source code?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:50:46 -0400

We haven't signed anything yet, we're still going over the legalities. That's why I'm considering contesting the paragraph where my client would have all the rights over my source code.

Paul Jones wrote:
depends in part on what you signed when you began work there. you may have signed away all rights (many do). in any case, there could be a claim on any invention and work made while at the job (you are doing work for hire afterall).

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/blog/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071