internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Running mySql on a Mac

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Running mySql on a Mac
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:43:18 -0500

These are the steps I followed during my installation.

On 3/24/06, Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com> wrote:
on Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 03:45:46PM -0500, Tony Spencer wrote:
> Yep.  Says that exactly.
>
> Weird.  Mysql starts up fine manually.

IIRC, it's a difference between OSX and OSX Server; OSX doesn't ship with
mysql by default, you have to install it yourself; you also need to install
the MySQL StartUpItem package. More details here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mac-os-x-installation.html

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2554 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/