internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] CMS recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] CMS recommendations?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:33:40 -0500

On Mar 15, 2006, at 12:25 PM, Deborah Ellington wrote:

I went to install a supposedly
free-standing package of Silva/Zope/etc specifically for developing
locally on Mac OSX, but got hit right away with instructions I couldn't
follow, such as "Open the Terminal application and change directory
to..." I know I am exposing my ignorance here when I say that I opened
my Applications folder and found nothing called "Terminal." I gather the
authors are referring to some kind of command-line application but I
have no knowledge or experience in this area.

I can't help with the other stuff, but you can find applications easily on OSX either by using Spotlight (command-spacebar) or by using LaunchBar, a 3rd party application I *highly* recommend, as it lets you launch any application very easily without touching a mouse. As for the requirement of using the command line, any open source CMS system is likely to require some level of basic UNIX skills. (In this case Terminal was in the Utilities folder, though.)

Run, run, run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the stinky cheese man!
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC