internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FrontPage guru

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Susan Manning <susan AT furgus.com>, dkay AT scitechpub.com
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FrontPage guru
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:23:58 -0500

On Feb 28, 2006, at 8:46 AM, Susan Manning wrote:

We need a Mechanic, Doctor, Massage Therapist, and Spiritual Guru (all in
one) to assist us with the finer points of maintaining, polishing, and
activating the advanced features of Microsoft FrontPage 2003.

You might want to post your request on Microsoft's USENET group for
Frontpage "programming":

http://tinyurl.com/jgne8

[...] Now we have the space and
flexibility we need but there are some knots in the yarn (broken search
engine, the appearance of duplicate files, broken links, no statistics and
reports, and on and on). [...]

We want
to interact personally with a FrontPage zen master...or nobody at all.

If you think about how people gravitate between jobs, the really talented ones move up and handle the more desirable tasks, and the less talented ones and beginners handle the less desirable tasks. In my own experience the tasks you describe are the bottom of the barrel in the web design world, and its unlikely that someone who is a "zen master" is going to going to want to handle them for the prices you quoted.

BEWARE! We have finely tuned B.S. detectors among our staff.

From the point of view of standard business management practices there's most likely a good case to be made for switching to something else immediately. Without knowing any details its impossible to say, but I'd hardly call advice to the contrary "B.S.".

Best of luck!

If you put up a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying "End-
of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH", the paint wouldn't even have time
to dry. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC