internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] no traffic on the list? how about speed...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Matt Pusateri" <mpusateri AT wickedtrails.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] no traffic on the list? how about speed...
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:05:23 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, February 27, 2006 10:06 am, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2006, at 5:07 PM, Roger Austin wrote:
>

>> We live in a school zone and I have seen someone stopped for
>> speeding
>> in a school zone almost each week for the past month. I have seen
>> the
>> white SUV unmarked car sitting up on Ridge Road almost every day. It
>> is amazing that folks will drive so fast when the penalty for school
>> zone speeding is tough. My guess is that it is a very long zone from
>> Lacy all the way past Martin Middle. It is hard to do 25mph for that
>> long.
>
> What I don't get is how most of the problems we have with schools and
> driving infractions are from parents.
>
> When I walk my daughter to school in the morning parents driving
> their kids a couple of blocks to school blow right through the stop
> sign in the walk zone right in front of the school! Right in front
> of us trying to cross! And I don't mean just not stopping
> completely, although there's plenty of that, but totally ignoring the
> stop sign.
>
> This month there was a "speed trap" at one of the intersections on
> the way to school, and the police cars had people pulled over
> continuously for four days in a row, one moving violation after the
> other. And it worked too... A couple of weeks later the cars are
> still actually stopping at the stop signs.

> _________
> I used to read, but its faster to just make up stuff. -- Wally
> -- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC

Yeah no worse driving than in car pool line. Except if you count
parents doing 40 through a residential neighborhood. Apparently kids
aren't supposed to play outside anymore :( It never seems to surprise
me people's lack of patience. I particulary hate people that drive
down the center lane for 300 yards to get a a left turn lane. I've
lived in many places and Raleigh Stinks as far a driver courtesy is
concerned. Detroit even has better drivers(even if they don't have
insurance). While I'm ranting does no-one down here know your
supposed to pull to the side for emergency vehicles?

Matt P.

Here's driving through your yard ;)